In compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 laying down the rules on data protection, we inform our customers that this Confidentiality Statement lays down guidelines to ensure the protection of data personal information, whose information is processed by the Pensão Residencial Santa Bárbara Lda (Hotel Santa Bárbara).
1. Nature of Personal Data
In the course of its activity the Hotel Santa Bárbara collects and processes personal data of several holders, including natural persons who intend to contract or contract lodging services.
2. In terms of personal data protection Hotel Santa Bárbara is committed to:
- Do not collect any personal data without your consent.
- We collect and process your personal data solely for the purposes described in this Term and inform you about the recipients of the data.
- We only collect and process the personal data necessary for the correct handling of your request or the personalization of the services that are proposed to you.
- We only keep your personal data for the period necessary for your treatment.
- We undertake to take the necessary steps to ensure the confidentiality of the data and to prevent its disclosure to unauthorized third parties.
- In the case of transfer of data to authorized third parties, we take appropriate measures to ensure the security of transfer sharing.
- You are informed of your rights of access, rectification and opposition in accordance with the provisions of Law 2016/679 dated April 27, 2016.
3. Which personal information is collected?
At Hotel Santa Bárbara, we collect and process, in particular, your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, date of birth, citizen’s card number, taxpayer’s number, gender, profession and credit card number, passport and validity if applicable.
We may also request bank account identification data, such as IBAN and others.
We do not voluntarily collect sensitive information, such as those related to race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, health or sexual orientation.
4. When will your data be collected?
Your personal data may be collected in different ways and in particular when:
- Contact our reservation department by phone or by e-mail
- Make a reservation on the Site
- Send an electronic message
- Share a page or an offer by sending an email or through a social network
- Responds to a satisfaction questionnaire
5. Your data may be collected through different ways:
- Phone call or e-mail to our reservations department
- Making a booking on our website
- When you e-mail us
- When you share a page or an offer through and e-mail or social network
- When you answer our satisfaction quiz
6. What is the purpose?
Hotel Santa Bárbara collects the data that it considers respect strictly necessary for the following purposes:
- Management of your reservations
- Management of the loyalty program
- Improvement and customization of our services
- Management and monitoring of the relationship with the client
- Management of your requests for right of access, rectification and opposition
- Debt and litigation management
By making reservations on the Site or after providing your personal information on the Site, you may also be informed of Hotel Santa Bárbara’s offers in the form of emails (events and customized offers of products and services offered) or through any other means of communication.
7. Sharing your personal information
Your personal data collected by the Hotel Santa Bárbara can be transmitted to the subcontractors of the Hotel Santa Bábara, which is used in the área of according manegement (external accounting service) , you can also share your personaldata with public authroties in fulfillment of legal obligations.
8. Personal Data Storage
The personal data of the data subjects are preserved throughout the duration of the contractual relationship established with Hotel Santa Bárbara and up to 5 years from the end of the relationship, and in some situations the storage period may be longer, in which case such enlargement will be legally justified and sustained. This deadline has been defined taking into account applicable laws on personal data and civil and commercial contracting and in the event that the Hotel Santa Bárbara has the need to present evidence in any litigation or potential litigation between itself and the data owners.
9. Access, rectification, opposition rights
According to the law nº 2016/679 of the 27th of April of 2016, it is your right to make a written request in order to change the information that might concern you. You also have the right to oppose the process of personal data.
In order to exercise your rights, please contact us:
Hotel Santa Bárbara
Rua de Mértola nº 56
7800 475 Beja